The Sustainable Beauty Brands List is getting a makeover! Starting with sustainable hair care, this updated list makes it easier for you to find brands that share your ethical and environmental values. Specifically, the new list provides more information on how brands approach Beauty and the Planet’s sustainability priorities: packaging, ingredients, carbon footprint, and ethics.
Because the updated sustainable brands list is more in-depth, I’m working on it in pieces. I should have most, if not all, of the list updated by the end of 2020. My ultimate goal is a searchable databases of sustainable beauty brands.
Before exploring the sustainable hair care brand list, there are a few things you should know:
- All brands are cruelty-free. This is the one criteria that is non-negotiable.
- All brands are currently available in the United States. I do not currently have the capacity to create an international list. However, I am hopeful that an international list will be possible in the future.
- I have not tried all brands included, but all are brands that I am willing to try.
- Not all brands meet all sustainability criteria. The list is meant to help you find the brands that meet your personal criteria.
- Suggestions are welcome! I want the list to be helpful for you. Let me know how I can do that.
- The list includes affiliate links. Advertising, reader donations and affiliate links are what keep Beauty and the Planet in operation.
- Want to see your brand on the list? Complete this form for consideration. Be as though as possible. The more information you provide the quicker your brand will show up on the list.